Fabricio Coloccini believes it is time for Newcastle United to end their trophy drought after insisting he has moved on from his issues with the club in January.
Coloccini had been keen to leave last month due to personal reasons and return to Argentine club San Lorenzo, but manager Alan Pardew made it clear that he would be staying on as captain until at least the summer.
The centre-back remains unsure what will happen in the long-term future but says he is committed to performing as well as he can for the Magpies for the remainder of the season.
He said: "Yes. I am happy to play now. When the situation was finished, I said to the club that we can turn the page, we have moved on. I'm only focusing on the club now.
"Next season, I don't know. I just want to be focused on the Premier League and the Europa League this season."
Coloccini is determined to help Newcastle claim some major silverware and is looking forward to the second leg of their Europa League tie against Metalist Kharkiv on Thursday.
The first leg finished 0-0 at St James' Park last week but Coloccini felt there were plenty of positives to take from the game after Papiss Cisse had two goals disallowed.
"Newcastle have won nothing for so many years and that is wrong," said Coloccini.
"We want to put that right and get our names in the history books.
"We showed in the first leg that we can create chances against them, so that has got to give us confidence."