- Former FIFA vice-president is happy USA did not qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup
- The USA lost 2 - 1 to Trinidad and Tobago to miss out on their first World Cup since 1986
- According to Warner, the USA used its government to intimidate other countries in North America
Disgraced former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner who banned for life from football was joyful the Americans did not qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
The former president of North American regional football group CONCACAF, was charged with wire fraud, racketeering and money laundering and he was banned in September of last year.
“I wanted to party,” Warner said according to the Trinidad Express. “I have not been in better spirits. This is the happiest day of my life.”
The USA squad lost 2-1 at Trinidad and Tobago on Wednesday, October 11 as Panama and Honduras qualified for the finals alongside Mexico and Costa Rica.
Warner said the Americans “reduced football in CONCACAF to a nightmare. They have used their government to help to dismember FIFA in a way that is unimaginable. And last night on the field of play Trinidad and Tobago reduced them to their knees.”
“For me personally, it has reduced the US to a laughingstock… As far as I am concerned this is the beginning of the end for US football. Nobody in CONCACAF likes the US.”
PAY ATTENTION: Get the latest News on NAIJ.com News App
Meanwhile, fans have already started blaming president Donald Trump as the country missed it first finals since 1986.
How Super Eagles qualified for the Russia 2018 World Cup on NAIJ.com TV;