Nigerian footballers are among the best paid in their profession in Africa so rightly so.
Their fan attraction and ability on the ball forces clubs to pay them their worth. Here are the ten highest paid Nigerian footballers.
1. Odion Ighalo - Changchun Yatai - €12.1 million
Curently plays in China where he is one of the highest paid players and has rediscovered his scoring touch.
2. Obafemi Martins - Shanghai Shenhua - €8.4 million
For a long time Obafemi Martins was Nigeria's highest paid player until Ighalo moved to China in January 2017.
3. John Obi Mikel - Tianjin Teda - €8.4 million
Mikel Obi is one of Nigeria's best players and rightly one of the highest paid. He also plys his trade in China.
4. Anthony Ujah - Liaoning Whowin - €5.6 million
Ujah was a sensation in Germany where he scored goals for fun. Left fr China at the peak of his powers early last year.
5. Ahmed Musa - Leicester City - €4.2 million
He might not be getting minutes on the pitch for Leicester City but he is growing his bank account.
PAY ATTENTION: Get the latest News on NAIJ.com News App
6. Kelechi Iheanacho - Leicester City - €3.4 million
Still only 21-years-old, Iheanacho is already getting richer by the week at the Foxes.
7. Victor Moses - Chelsea - €3.0 million
The Chelsea wing-back is just beginning to realise his potential and for good reason too.
8. Emmanuel Emenike - Olympiakos - €2.5 million
For long the Nigerian striker has been one of the highest paid footballers.
9. Vincent Enyeama - Lille - €1.8 million
He might be finding it hard to play games under Marcelo Bielsa this season but Enyeama is earning big bucks.
10. Alex Iwobi - Arsenal - €1.8 million
A contract extension last year sa Iwobi bridge the top ten list of highest paid Nigerian footballers.
Super Eagles prepare ahead of Russia 2018 qualifiers - on NAIJ.com TV;