- Lionel Messi has signed a new contract with Barcelona
- His former deal was supposed to expire in the summer of 2018
- His new deal ends in 2021 when he will be 34 years old
- La Pulga just got married to sweetheart Antonella Roccuzzo
- - The attacker will earn around £500,000 with the Spanish club
Barcelona have announced that Lionel Messi has agreed a new contract which will expire in the summer of 2021 when he will be 34 years old.
The forward's previous deal was to expire in 2018, but he has now signed a new three-year extension.
Messi will formally sign the contract after he returns from honeymoon after his wedding to Antonella Roccuzzo.
Messi, who turned 30 last month, has spent his entire senior career with Barcelona and made his debut for the Catalans in 2004.
He has won La Liga eight times and the Champions League on four occasions, among a total of 29 club trophies.
Goal.com speculates that his release clause is expected to be in the region of €300 million.
NAIJ.com also gathered that he will earn around £500,000-per-week which equates to N203m-per-week with the Catalans.
He has scored a record 507 goals for Barcelona and netted 54 times in 52 appearances last season.
Watch NAIJ.com's video talking about Cristiano Ronaldo following Davido on Instagram;