- Lionel Messi officially tied the knot to his childhood friend Antonella Roccuzzo
- The newly wedded couple have reportedly been dating for almost ten years now
- NAIJ.com takes a look at the four things you do not know about Lionel Messi's bride
Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi officially tied the knot to his childhood friend Antonella Roccuzzo on Friday, June 30, 2017, at their hometown in Rosario, Argentina.
The couple have reportedly been dating for almost ten years now as they made their union official by sharing their vows.
NAIJ.com takes a look at the four things you do not know about Lionel Messi's bride Antonella Roccuzzo.
1. She is a mother of two children
Messi's new wife is a mother of his two children. The pair have two sons namely Thiago and Mateo.
2. Antonella is 'beauty with brains'
While Antonella makes money as a model, she was reportedly studying to be a dietitian when she moved to Barcelona to live with her spouse Messi.
PAY ATTENTION: Get the latest sport news on NAIJ.com
3. She is a close friend to Cesc Fabregas and Luis Suarez partners
Antonella is a very close friend to Cesc Fabregas's partner Daniella Semaan and Luis Suarez wife Sofia as they have all been spotted together on different occasions. NAIJ.com earlier reported that the trio and their partners spent the summer together on the party island of Ibiza.
4. She is Messi's childhood friend
Messi and Antonella have been friends since their childhood. NAIJ.com gathered that Antonella is the cousin of the Barcelona star's childhood friend Lucas Scaglia.
Meanwhile, you can see NAIJ.com's video of the Super Eagles training ahead of the World Cup qualifiers;