- Lionel Messi beats Cristiano Ronaldo to European golden shoe award
- The Argentine is the highest goal-scorer in Europe's top-six leagues
- The 29-year-old has won the award a record of four times, leveling-up with Ronaldo
Barcelona star Lionel Messi has won the European Golden Shoe, beating rival Cristiano Ronaldo to the award.
NAIJ.com understands that the La Liga top-scorer has won the award a record of four times, leveling up with Ronaldo.
The Argentine is the highest goal-scorer in Europe's top-six leagues after scoring 37 goals for the Catalans in the La Liga this season.
Messi previously won the prestigious award in 2010, 2012, and 2013.
He also beat club teammate Luis Suarez, Bayern Munich's Lewandowski and Tottenham's Harry Kane to the award.
According to reports, a goal is worth two points on the table.
PAY ATTENTION: Get the latest sport news on NAIJ.com Sports App
See the full list of top-scorers in Europe's top-six leagues as shown below.
1. Lionel Messi, Barcelona, 74 points
2. Bas Dost, Sporting Lisbon, 68
3. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Borussia Dortmund, 62
4. Robert Lewandowski, Bayern Munich, 60
5. Harry Kane, Tottenham Hotspur, 58
6. Edin Dzeko, AS Roma, 58
7. Luis Suarez, Barcelona, 58
8. Dries Mertens, Napoli, 56
9. Edinson Cavani, Paris Saint-Germain, 52.5
10. Andrea Belotti, Torino, 52
11. Romelu Lukaku, Everton, 50
12. Anthony Modeste, Cologne, 50
13. Cristiano Ronaldo, Real Madrid, 50
On the other hand, NAIJ.com recently visited the family house of boxing king Anthony Joshua in Sagamu, Ogun state Nigeria;