- Argentina's Ezequiel Lavezzi has been confirmed as the world's highest paid footballer
- Fellow countryman Carlos Tevez comes in second, both play their football in China
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi come in third and fifth in a new list respectively
- Paul Pogba is the highest earner from the Premier League taking home £290,000 (N118m)
Contrary to popular belief, Carlos Tevez of Shanghai Shenhua is not the world's highest paid player, that title belongs to his country man Ezequiel Lavezzi.
Lavezzi plays for Hebei China Fortune and takes home £41.5million a year, which equates to £798,000 a week roughly equates to N326m in naira.
Cristiano Ronaldo comes in third taking home £424,615 a week, N173m. Oscar of Shanghai SIPG takes home £424,615, N163.69m a week.
Messi comes in fifth with the rest of the top ten made up of the likes of Hulk, Axel Witsel.
NAIJ.com gathered that Paul Pogba is the highest paid player in the Premier League and he makes the top ten list.
Luis Suarez and Neymar on the same salary come in at number ten.
The highest paid footballers in the world;
1. Ezequiel Lavezzi - £798,000-a-week, N326m
2. Carlos Tevez - £634,000-a-week, N259.4m
3. Cristiano Ronaldo - £424,615-a-week, N173m
4. Oscar - £400,000-a-week, N1636m
5. Lionel Messi - £362,480-a-week, N148.3m
6. Gareth Bale- £346,153-a-week, N141.6m
7. Hulk - £320,000, N130.9m
8. Axel Witsel - £294,000, N120.3m
9. Paul Pogba - £290,000, N118m
10. Neymar and Luis Suarez - £262,000, N107.2m