Nigeria’s Victor Moses on Wednesday, March 1, signed a new contract with Chelsea Football Club.
According to a statement released on the club’s official website, Moses signed a two-year extension deal with the Blues as his contract now run until 2021.
Speaking after signing his new contract, Moses said: “I feel very excited. I’m delighted to be here for another few years now and to sign a new deal. Now it’s time to concentrate on the team and keep working hard to make sure we win games and try to win the Premier League this season.
“We’re having a great season, I’m enjoying my football and we have a good manager here that has given every single one of us confidence. I just want to keep on enjoying it and working hard for the team.”
On his part, Chelsea’s technical director Michael Emenalo said: ‘We are extremely pleased Victor has chosen to extend his contract with us. He is enjoying an excellent season and, under Antonio’s leadership, has proved to be an important member of the squad.
‘This new contract is testament to Victor’s hard work and dedication to succeed at Chelsea and we believe he will be a big part of our future success.’
Moses, 26, has established himself as a regular in the side this season, playing an integral role in Chelsea’s pursuit of silverware under Antonio Conte.
He arrived at Chelsea in 2012 from Wigan Athletic and enjoyed a good first season at the club, helping the Blues lift the Europa League trophy.
But after spending time out on loan, he caught Conte’s eye during pre-season due to his technique, physical strength and high energy levels, and the Italian made the decision to keep him at Stamford Bridge for the 2016/17 campaign.
In total, Moses has made 72 appearances for the Blues, 28 coming so far this season, scoring 14 goals.