If you were born before the year 2000 you must have surely grown up hearing about the legendary match between Nigeria and India.
That match was so notoriously popular that it did not matter where you lived in Nigeria you heard the tale from one of senior cousins, uncles or even parents.
Lagos, Kano, Delta, Osun, Imo, Ebonyi, Sokoto, Kebbi, wherever you were in Nigeria, you must have heard about the match.
However it must be noted that the match never happened and whatever the version of the story you heard, here are five things the previous generation agreed on about the match;
Virtually everybody born before the invention of the internet must have heard the tale of a nonexistent football match between Nigeria and India that obviously took place in a parallel universe and somehow we got to hear the gory stories of that match.
PAY ATTENTION: Get the latest news on NAIJ.com News App
1. This legendary match ended India 99 - 1 Nigeria
2. Nigerians where unable to kick the ball because the football kept turning to a lion, dragon (or something scary) to prevent them from playing the soccer ball.
3. The Indians later agreed that if Nigeria could score a goal, they would concede defeat.
4. Samuel Okwaraji scored the winning goal and lost his life in the process.
5. FIFA banned India from soccer because they used black magic in that very game.
However what people do not know is Nigeria has never played India in an international match and Sam Okwaraji died in a match an AFCON qualifier against Angola.
India were never banned from using black magic from playing football also and they were not allowed to qualify for a World Cup rather they have not yet qualified.
Meanwhile, you can see NAIJ.com's video of the Super Eagles training ahead of the World Cup qualifiers;